Bring the excitement of March Madness to your classroom.
Your students will select a team that makes the Sweet 16 in this year's NCAA men's basketball tournament. Students will do the following tasks:
- Fill out a bracket for their team's region
- Look up general information about their team.
- Track how well their team does. They will look up final scores, leading scorers, and more.
- Research their school. They will find out the tuition and room & board costs to attend their school.
- Plan a trip for four to the Final Four to root on their team!
- Answer geometry questions based on the dimensions of the basketball court.
- Create their own player.
- Web search to answer NCAA trivia questions.
Skills involve include:
Web search, map routes, operations with decimals, scale and scale factor, perimeter, area, percentages, rounding, drawing, ratio, reducing fractions, and more!
This entire project could be done in class (3 -5 class periods) or you could ask students to do it on their own. This could be a group project or given to individuals.
Internet access is a must!
This project is intended to begin after the first weekend of games. Students will select one of the 16 remaining teams in the tournament.