Looking for a fun way for your students to practice their geometry vocabulary? Look no further! This matching game can be used for students ranging from first grade all the way through fifth (there are 4 versions included in the download)!! All you need to do is:
- Choose the matching puzzle game that fit best with your student’s age/needs. (2D shape with vocabulary word, 2D shape with definition, 3D shape with vocabulary word, 3D shape with definition)
- Print (preferably in color and on cardstock), cut out each puzzle piece and laminate.
- Each 2D puzzle has 12 matches and the 3D puzzle has 7 matches. There are also 11 blank puzzle pieces for you or the students to create their own if desired (great extension activity for fast finishers)
- You can have students work on these independently at a math center, use them in small group intervention as an informal assessment or just as a fun warm-up or spiral review game.
*Teacher Note: if your students haven’t had exposure to certain words/shapes simply pick and choose which pieces to have them work with and leave the rest out.
- For more of a challenge mix two of the games together 2D and 3D shapes and have students complete two puzzles instead of just one!
This document is aligned to: Texas 1.6D, 1.6E, 2.8C, 2.8B, 3.6A, 4.6D, 4.6B
Common Core: 1.G.A.2, 2.G.A.1, 3.G.A.1, 4.G.A.2, 5.G.B.3
If you like this product please leave feedback and don’t forget to hit that follow button for up-to-date resources! Below are some products specific to geometry:
I Have Who Has Geometry Game 4th 5th Grade
Classifying 2D Figures in Hierarchy Task Cards
FREEBIE Guess Who 2D Shapes
Classifying 2D Shapes Activity Sheets
Quotable Quadrilaterals Geometry Activity
Classifying 2D Shapes in Hierarchy Sheets
Stop on by my blog to see what's happening too!