Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
6.72 MB | 35 pages
This Digital Interactive Notebook for Google Slides can be used for ANY NOVEL STUDY for middle school grade levels. It's an upgraded and bigger version of the elementary Novel Study version, specifically for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders
What is a Digital Interactive Notebook?
It's an editable slide with text boxes for notes and definitions, and movable parts to label, sort, or create with. They look just as gorgeous as their physical counterparts, and students will NEVER LOSE OR DAMAGE THEM!
Pages print as 8.5x11 sheets when students are done!
Included in this Notebook:
• Organize basic information about the book onto a title page
• Write a short author's biography
• Describe the setting
• Describe the author's use of imagery, citing examples from the text
• Analyze main characters
• Match characters to their descriptions (instructions and template included for creating the sorting cards)
• Define vocabulary words
• Write single-sentence chapter summaries
• Make inferences based on clues from the text
• Summarize key plot events and identify the main conflict and resolution
• Sort plot events into the correct sequence (instructions and template included for creating the sorting cards)
• Collect examples of literary devices throughout the text:
• Identify the theme of the story and support their claim with evidence from the story
• Pick a character to have a conversation with and write the exchange as a series of texts
As an added bonus, I've included several freebie templates so you can further build on your notebook! These include graphic organizers for comparing and contrasting, KWL charts, and more! Students also have the choice between 3 different notebook covers.
A very detailed teacher instruction powerpoint is included.
Did I mention this can be used with any story? This is an incredible resource!
Follow my store so you don't miss any new releases! Digital Interactive Notebooks are my new specialty!