From the Desk of Ms. Tran
Do your students need help analyzing word problems? Do they need to read each sentence carefully and look for important information? It can be tricky!
In this activity, students will “inspect” word problems. Students will closely examine the meaning of words, phrases, and numbers in each problem.
1. Print the cards #1-8 (color recommended).
2. Laminate or put them in plastic sheet protectors.
3. Print a recording sheet for each card. Write the card # on the recording sheet.
How to use:
1. Use the problems during small group or guided math.
2. Read the problem together.
3. Answer the questions. Use scratch paper.
4. Solve the problem together.
5. Check over work together.
Just download, print, and you are ready to go!