Here's a Write the Room in Math activity where students will practice identifying two-dimensional figures and three-dimensional solids, and count sides and vertices. This activity gets your students up and moving in math.
You will receive 4 activities, cards, recording sheets, directions poster, and answer keys.
Activity 1: Learn the names of solids and write it.
Activity 2: Learn the names of shapes and write it.
Activity 3: Count the number of sides and write it.
Activity 4: Count the number of corners and write it.
What is Write the Room?
It is an activity where students move about the classroom, looking for cards and problems to answer. They record the answers on their recording sheets. It definitely has your students moving and learning!
How does Write the Room work?
1. Print the Write the Room Cards. Cut and laminate the cards to reuse.
2. Post the cards around the classroom in different places.
3. Print a class set of Write the Room Sheets.
4. Go over the directions for Write the Room with your class.
5. Give each student a pencil and clipboard. Have students put the sheet on the clipboard to write.
6. Allow students to work independently or with a partner.
7. Tell students to search the classroom for the cards in any order. Then, write the answer on the sheet. Remind students to find all the cards.
8. Check student work or have students self-check using the answer key provided.
Just download, print, and you're ready to go!
Note: It is recommended to print this activity in color. A black and white version can be printed by choosing the correct printer options on your computer.
Texas teachers: This activity is aligned to 1.6B Distinguish between attributes that define a two-dimensional or three-dimensional figure and attributes that do not define the shape.