Here's a Write the Room in Math activity where students will practice writing and representing numbers using base-10 models. This activity gets your students up and moving in math.
You will receive 10 different sets of cards, student sheets, directions, poster, and answer keys.
-set 1: 1-10
-set 2: 11-20
-set 3: 21-30
-set 4: 31-40
-set 5: 41-50
-set 6: 51-60
-set 7: 61-70
-set 8: 71-80
-set 9: 81-90
-set 10: 91-100
1. Print the Write the Room Cards. Cut and laminate the cards to reuse.
2. Post the cards around the classroom in different places.
3. Print a class set of Write the Room Sheets.
4. Go over the directions for Write the Room with your class.
5. Give each student a pencil and clipboard. Have students put the sheet on the clipboard to write.
6. Allow students to work independently or with a partner.
7. Tell students to search the classroom for the cards in any order. Then, write the answer on the sheet. Remind students to find all the cards.
8. Check student work or have students self-check using the answer key provided.
Just download, print, and you're ready to go!
Note: This product is only available in black and white when printing. Print the cards on color cardstock (recommended) for reuse.
Texas teachers: This activity is aligned to 1.2B Use concrete and pictorial models to compose and decompose numbers up to 120 in more than one way as so many hundreds, so many tens, and so many ones.