A set of 10 worksheets with answers on teaching and learning resources of newspaper report writing based on New Bloom's Taxonomy.
After completing these worksheets students will be able to:
- SESSION 1: Recognise, retrieve and name the key elements of a report.
- SESSION 2: Interpret and classify the authorial techniques in a report.
- SESSION 3: Implement and execute report writing techniques.
- SESSION 4: Demonstrate the knowledge of reporting in writing.
- SESSION 5: Check and critique a given report.
- SESSION 6: Compose and produce the final report.
This download includes worksheets on:
- EXERCISE 1: Identifying newspaper report types (images).
- EXERCISE 2: Identifying newspaper report types (text).
- EXERCISE 3: Finding, listing and describing the different sections of a newspaper
- EXERCISE 4: Explaining the author’s use of language and vocabulary and its impact in a newspaper report.
- EXERCISE 5: Using the planning frame to assemble a sample newspaper report through sequencing.
- EXERCISE 6: Using the template to organise a draft of a sample newspaper report on a given topic.
- EXERCISE 7: Using the checklist and the rubric to evaluate each other’s work.
- EXERCISE 8: Using the PQP and TAG technique to peer-review each other’s work with constructive feedback.
- EXERCISE 9: Using your knowledge of newspaper reports in writing.
- EXERCISE 10: Answering the following questions to demonstrate the knowledge of newspaper report writing.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: