Four activities (using the same card sets) to develop fluency and practice 2-digit by 1-digit division (with no remainders). These activities will work to practice long division using any strategy implemented in your classroom, including standard algorithm, partial products, area model, and distributive number bonds. The included card sorts are classroom tested center activities to help solidify math standard 4.NBT.B.6.
Get your students excited about division using these football themed activities! The quotient jersey cards are designed to mimic NFL jerseys of some popular players: Stefon Diggs (Vikings), Odell Beckham Jr. (Giants), Carson Wentz (Eagles), Tom Brady (Patriots), Jared Goff (Rams), Mark Ingram (Saints), Xavier Rhodes (Vikings) and Leonard Fournette (Jaguars). Problem set cards have a football theme.
CARD SORT VARIATIONS:
1. Estimation Card Sort
2. Match the Quotient: Jersey Solution Card Sort (Version #1)
3. Match the Quotient: Jersey Solution Card Sort (Version #2)
4. Find the Missing Number Activity
• 1 Card Sort Organizer: Estimation
• 8 NFL-themed Quotient Jerseys
• 16 football themed 2-digit by 1-digit division expression cards (no remainders)
• Extension Activity: 8 football themed division expression cards with a missing divisor
• 8 different Strategy Pages and Recording Sheets for students to show thinking and work
• Answer Keys for each activity
Classroom-tested (...and loved!)
Read the blog post about this activity here: Division Motivation? Football, of course!
Find the addition version (using difference NFL Jerseys) here:
Two Digit Addition: Four Football-Themed Card Sorts
Find the subtraction version (using sum NFL Jerseys) here:
Two Digit Subtraction: Four Football-Themed Card Sorts