THIS PRODUCT HAS BEEN UPDATED - I am attending a new training regarding the NGSS and have updated the templates based on new information. DOWNLOAD NEW FILE
*** NOTE - The preview shows a formatting error, that is probably due to the margins I used for the document. To correctly view and print the templates please use the preset "Narrow" margins in Word (0.5" for top, bottom, left, and right).
With the NGSS altering the approach to teaching with the 3 Dimensional Model, this planning document is my attempt to including all 3 dimensions within my units and daily lessons.
* DCI refers to Disciplinary Core Ideas (what most people think of as the science standard)
* There are two versions within this document - the first version works best for classroom teachers and the second works best for lab teachers who see multiple classes within their schedule .
* The drop-down menus only allow selection of one item.
* The templates are in a Word format and are completely editable.
* The CER section refers to Claim Evidence Response, a method of inquiry and assessment.
- Claim is a statement that can be proven or disproven
- Evidence is the evidence the students gather (can be from any source - observations, investigations / experiments, research, etc.) on the topic of the claim
- Reasoning is the justification of how the evidence proves or disproves the claim