Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This close reading packet contains will help you and your students tackle both the rigorous expectations of Common Core and NGSS.
Included in this packet are 12 close reading sets Each set includes:
- essential question
- informational text
- 3 sets of CCSS aligned questions and sample charts
- 2 journal prompts (1 corresponding to the EQ and another at DOK 4 relating to the content of the text)
- History of the Grand Canyon
- Mudslides in California/Mud Creek and Big Sur (paired texts)
- Plate Tectonics
- Energy Poverty/Life in China (paired texts)
- What's the Deal with Fossil Fuels?
- Thomas Edison and the Lightbulb
- The Circulatory System
- Pavlov's Dogs
- The Doppler Effect
- On the Colored Light of Stars
- Animals and Waves
Common Core standards RI 4.1 to RI 4.9 are addressed in this packet, as well as NGSS standards 4-ESS3-1, 4-PS3-2, and 4-PS3-4, 4-PS4-1, 4-PS4-2, 4-ESS3-1, 4-ESS2-1, 4-ESS1-1, 4-LS1-1, 4-LS1-2.
Please NOTE: these are the same close reading articles included in the complete NGSS units. For the whole units, please click on the link below. If you have already purchased, or plan to purchase, the complete units, you already own these close reading sets.
Want the complete NGSS units? Click here.