This product contains two rubrics for helping student construct explanations and arguments in science. The rubrics are generic enough to accompany any lab, or any science discipline.
Use this product in three ways:
1. As an assessment tool for summative evaluations. Print a half-sheet rubric for each student.
2. As a peer-feedback tool to guide student edits and improvement. Print a 1/3 sheet peer evaluation rubric for each student. Have students trade papers and evaluate another students work. Have students return papers back to their owners and make corrections.
3. As a self-evaluation tool for student edits and improvement. Print a 1/3 sheet peer evaluation rubric for each student.
• NGSS Science and Engineering Practices: Constructing Explanations + Engaging in an Argument from Evidence
• Common Core ELA: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.WHST.9-10.1 Write arguments focused on discipline-specific content.
Includes: PDF and Editable Word Document