This is a wonderful stem project filled with stem activities to turn your students into kid engineers! In this STEM winter activity students will follow a fictional character and engineer their way through the stem projects. This resource is aligned with common core math standards along with NGSS.
In this resource you will find:
- Lesson Standards
- Short story prompts before every stem project
- An engineering + geometry challenge as students construct a home with given constraints
- A lesson on matter and its interactions as they experiment with various insulation materials.
- A lesson on circuity as they create squishy circuits
- A STEAM craft idea, including a snowflake template
- Student reflection pages
I hope you enjoy this and happy teaching!
I hope you like it! If you are in search of more STEM/Virtual activities check these out:
- Preschool STEM: Loose Parts (Virtual & Classroom)
- NGSS Engineering Design: Rube Goldberg Machines (Motion & Stability)
- NGSS Forces & Interactions: Push and Pull Virtual Activities
And as always! Do check out my blog for lots of tips and tricks!