Crosscutting Concepts are present in all fields of science. Prepare your students to interpret the Crosscutting Concepts in the classroom by using these resourceful activities. Students will be more proficient at identifying PATTERNS by actually practicing it. These printables do just that--prepare students to grasp the CCCs in your lessons and make better 21st century scientists! In this product, the activities focus on:
- EXPLAIN: Identify a pattern from each core idea and explain reasoning.
- CLASSIFY: Choose between four types of patterns and match them with a visual.
- PATTERN OR NOT?: Should each example be considered a pattern or not?
- HUMAN ACTIVITY: What patterns are present on Earth due to human activity?
- DESIRED OR NOT DESIRED?: Explain why we would want or not want a pattern.
- PREDICTABILITY: What can we predict after analyzing a natural pattern?
- "DOESN'T BELONG": Observe patterns and identify features that do not belong.
After using this resource in your class, your students will be prepared to identify scientific patterns of the natural world effectively. Enjoy!