Crosscutting Concepts are present in all fields of science. Prepare your students to interpret the Crosscutting Concepts in the classroom by using these resourceful activities. Students will be more proficient at recognizing SCALE, PROPORTION, & QUANTITY by actually practicing it. These printables do just that--prepare students to grasp the CCCs in your lessons and make better 21st century scientists! This product provides the following activities:
- MATCH each unit of measurement with its property.
- SPECIFY the most appropriate unit of measurement in a given scenario.
- CALCULATE amount of materials needed for chemical reactions.
- ESTIMATE global proportions of total carbon emissions by country, per capita.
- COMPARE overall seismic power of earthquakes based on the Richter Scale.
- COMPUTE the speed of moving objects based on their individual Mach numbers.
- CLAIM whether or not scientific models are proportionately accurate.
- ORDER phenomena based on their quantity or size.
After using this resource in your class, your students will be prepared to identify scale, proportion, and quantity in the natural world effectively. Enjoy!