NGSS Earth & Space Science Astronomy Lesson Plan #32 The Universal Law of Gravity, Orbital Motion, Tidal Forces
This easy-to-use, turnkey lesson plan is aligned with the NGSS High School Earth and Space Science performance expectations and disciplinary core ideas in ESS1: Earth’s Place in the Universe.
The lesson plan includes a summary, a list of resources, learning outcomes, the NGSS alignment for the lesson, lesson procedures, one Science Literacy Activity. The lesson plan also includes a discussion question and sample responses, assessment questions and an answer key.
Upon completion of this lesson, students will be able to:
• Explain why the Law of Gravity is considered universal.
• Describe the Universal Law of Gravity.
• Explain how Newton’s Third Law of Motion describes the gravitational interaction between objects.
• Explain how Newton’s Third Law of Motion describes the gravitational interaction between the Earth and any other object.
• Explain how the Moon’s gravity forms tidal bulges on the Earth.
• Explain how the Sun’s gravity causes tides on the Earth.
This lesson plan is also included in NGSS Earth and Space Science Lesson Plans MEGA BUNDLE - 50+ Turnkey Lesson Plans
. I will be adding new lesson plans and teaching resources to the MEGA BUNDLE. Purchase it now to receive all yet-to-be-added lesson plans and teaching resources for FREE. The price of the MEGA BUNDLE will increase as additional materials are added. Follow me to receive email notifications when new lesson plans and teaching resources are added. Notifications are sent via TpT Inbox.
Download this FREE Earth and Space Science lesson plan
to learn more about my lessons plans and teaching resources.
SAVE MORE by purchasing NGSS Earth and Space Science Lesson Plans BUNDLE #1 Astronomy as a Science
SAVE EVEN MORE by purchasing NGSS Earth and Space Science Lesson Plans MEGA BUNDLE - 50+ Turnkey Lesson Plans