These vocabulary puzzles are a great learning and study tool for students when tacking all of the vocabulary involved in the NGSS curriculum! I have also included a page of blank puzzle pieces to add words if needed! There are several ways that I like to use these in my classroom:
1. Have students cut out a set for themselves to keep in a Ziploc bag. They can bring them home or keep them at school to use as a vocabulary study tool. All they need to do is pull out the pile of puzzle pieces and match each definition to its vocabulary word!
2. I’ve also found it very helpful to make 4-5 laminated sets of these puzzle pieces to keep In the classroom. It’s great for early finishers or even as a Daily 5 station!
3. Make a game of it! Put students in pairs and give them each 1 set of puzzle pieces. See which group can correctly match all of the pieces the fastest!
4. Use this in your interactive notebook! If you go to my TpT store @ Running with Erasers you will see that I have made an entire NGSS Interactive Notebook for the whole year! Add this too your interactive notebook by having the students glue the puzzle pieces into their notebooks!
Want to know about new upper elementary resources?
1. Follow me by clicking the green star above!
2. Follow me on Pinterest @ Running with Erasers!