Also included in
- This bundle is designed to help get your students design experiments. Students will learned to:* Identify variables in an experiment* Organize their experimental data* Create their own experimentThis bundle is also aligned with the NGSS Science and Engineering Practice 3: Planning and Carrying Out$6.79$8.49Save $1.70
- This bundle includes:CAST Review Worksheets that focus on the Science and Engineering PracticesWorksheet: Identifying Claim, Evidence and Reasoning in an ArgumentWorksheet based overview (introductory level) to Independent and Dependent VariableMy strategy for reviewing for the CAST test this year i$12.60$18.00Save $5.40
- Not sure how to address the Science and Engineering Practices in your classroom? These scaffolds will help you use a discovery-based approach to help your students meet the Next Generation Science Standards.This bundle will help your students with the following Science and Engineering Practices:Ask$32.20$46.00Save $13.80
- Teaching students to Plan and Carry out Investigations is difficult. But this resource will walk them through the process step-by-step. Start by having students identify variables and end with them designing their own investigations!This product contains:* PDF of introductory experimental design v$15.20$19.00Save $3.80
- If you aren't sure how to include the Science and Engineering Practices and Crosscutting Concepts into your lessons, this is the bundle for you. Here are all of my SEP and CCC Scaffolds in one massive bundle. This bundle includes:An Introduction to Variables (IV, DV and Constant)Introduction to Ar$53.90$77.00Save $23.10
One of the things that I love about the NGSS is that students are given the task of designing their own experiments. This worksheet is the first step in the process of teaching them how to design their own experiment. This worksheet focuses on explicitly teaching students about independent variables, dependent variables and experimental controls.
This is a pdf document that links to a google document version of the activity.
* Student handout
* Teacher document with key and teaching tips.
* Link to a google document version that can be used directly in google classroom.
NGSS Standards Addressed
• Science and Engineering Practice 3: Planning and Carrying out Investigations (addresses one of five components)
Resource to build skills in middle school students and excellent review/sub plans for high school students.
Teaching duration approximately 90 minutes for middle school, 45 minutes for high school.