This forces and motion unit has everything you need to teach 3rd grade NGSS standards using GLAD strategies.
Included in this packet:
- Unit essential question
- Inquiry chart printable
- Observation chart photos
- Printable CCD and teacher samples
- I Just Thought You'd Like to Know About Forces and Motion Big Book
- Super Scientist Awards
- 1 pictorial input chart to project and trace
- 2 comparative input charts to project and trace
- Forces chant
- Laws of motion chant
- Predictable motion chant
- 2 printable sentence pattern charts and teacher sample
- Types of Forces Expert Groups (set of 6) with mind map graphic organizer
- Cause/Effect Expert Groups (set of 6) with mind map graphic organizer
- 3 writing prompts and writing paper
- 3 close reading passages with sample CCSS anchor charts and 4-5 printable question sets per text aligned to CCSS and DOK
- 5 math activities (3 center-type activities and 2 printable activities)
- 3 science labs and a project with teacher directions and printable recording sheets
This unit satisfies NGSS standards 3-PS2-1, 3-PS2-2, 3-PS2-3, and 3-PS2-4. The close reading questions included also address Common Core standards RI 3.1 through 3.8.
*Update 5/24: the link in the second science lab has been fixed and a typo in electromagnets article was fixed. Please redownload to access the new file.
Want just the close reading packet? Click here.