Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This forces and motion unit has everything you need to teach 3rd grade NGSS standards using GLAD strategies.
Included in this packet:
Project GLAD Resources:
- Unit essential question
- Inquiry chart printable
- Observation chart photos
- Printable CCD and teacher samples
- I Just Thought You'd Like to Know About Forces and Motion Big Book
- Powerpoint version of the big book
- Super Scientist Awards
- 1 pictorial input chart to project and trace (Forces on a Rocket)
- 2 comparative input charts to project and trace (Balanced vs Unbalanced Forces; Permanent Magnet vs Electromagnet)
- Forces chant
- Laws of motion chant
- Predictable motion chant
- 2 printable sentence pattern charts and teacher sample
- Types of Forces Expert Groups (set of 5) with mind map graphic organizer and process grid
- Cause/Effect Expert Groups (set of 5) with mind map graphic organizer and process grid
- 3 writing prompts and writing paper
Close Reading Sets:
- 3 close reading passages available in 3 levels with:
- Newton's Laws of Motion
- Forces on a Rocket
- 5 math activities (3 center-type activities and 2 printable activities)
- 3 science labs and a project with teacher directions and printable recording sheets
This unit satisfies NGSS standards 3-PS2-1, 3-PS2-2, 3-PS2-3, and 3-PS2-4. The close reading questions included also address Common Core standards RI 3.1 through 3.8.
Want just the close reading packet? Click here.