- This bundle includes all 4 units for fourth grade! In this bundle you will find:Resources for Focus & Motivation, Input, Guided Oral Practice, Reading & Writing:Inquiry ChartObservation ChartsBig Book (PPT or printable)Pictorial and Comparative Input Chart templates (15 total)Parts of a Flow$55.00$32.00Save $23.00
- Product Description
This structures and functions unit has everything you need to teach 4th grade NGSS life science standards.
Included in this packet:
Resources for Input
- Unit essential question
- Inquiry chart printable
- Observation chart photos
- Printable CCD and teacher samples
- The Important Thing about Structures Big Book
- Powerpoint version of the big book
- Super Scientist Awards
- 2 pictorial input charts to project and trace
- 1 comparative input chart to project and trace
- Structures chant
- Biologist Bugaloo (chant)
- 3 different printable sentence pattern charts and teacher sample
- Plant Structures Expert Groups (set of 6) with mind map graphic organizer
- Animal Expert Groups (set of 6) with mind map graphic organizer
- 3 writing prompts and writing paper
- 3 close reading passages with sample CCSS anchor charts, 3 question sets, and 2 journal prompts (one to respond to the EQ and one at DOK 4)
- The Circulatory System
- Pavlov's Dogs/Nobel Prize Speech (paired)
Each text is available at 3 reading levels: beginning, middle and end of 4th grade level. The leveled texts and their applicable question sets and journal are available as individual Google Slides presentations.
NOTE: These texts are the same as the ones in the plant and animal structures close reading packet and Gr4 close reading bundle. That product is included in this unit, so there is no need to buy both.
Math Integration Activities:
- 5 math activities (3 center-type activities with recording sheets and 2 printable worksheets)
- Symmetry Sort
- Developing Long Division
- Anatomy of an Angle
- Rounding Receptors
- Functional Fractions
- 3 science labs with teacher directions and printable recording sheets
- Flower Dissection
- Celery Stems
- Learned Behavior Design Challenge
Answer keys for the close reading standards-based questions, and application math activities and science labs are also included.
Want more NGSS units? Click here.