Get this all-inclusive inquiry based, student-centered unit on Genetics and Heredity.
In this GENETICS BUNDLE you get:
- 12 student options with a rubric for each assignment.
- 1 presentation to begin the unit that includes daily class starters
- Teacher pages for easy use
- 1 Unit Rubric
- Directions to help implement this inquiry unit
This unit follows AERO's Next Generation Science Standards which links to Science and Engineering Practices as well as Cross-Cutting Concepts and 21st Century Skills. Rubrics are for standards-based grading.
Unit Storyline: You are a genetic counselor. A couple has come to you and is worried that if they have children they will pass on an unsatisfactory hereditary gene.
Unit Final Task: Research from the given sex-linked diseases. Create a pedigree, and Punnett Square with an explanation to provide your clients with data on how probable it is that they will pass on this disease to their offspring. Be sure to include how environmental factors may play a role in the offspring's genotype and/or phenotype.
1. Sexual vs. Asexual Reproduction
2. Punnett Squares
3. Incomplete vs. Mendelian Inheritance
4. Environmental vs. genetic factors role in heredity
Struggling to know how to introduce inquiry into your classroom? Check out this post
or take this 6 module video course
Want to know about discounts, freebies and new products?
Find the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Yeehaw!
You are ready to be Challenged by a Teacher Mom - be on the lookout for email updates about this store.
All rights reserved 2017 Challenges from a Teacher Mom