In this unit, 1st grade students will become excited as they are engaged in:
• 7 hands on labs
• Multiple you-tube videos links with detailed instructions for use
• Picture cards for sorting
• Two cute, informative, and interactive presentations
• Collaboration and discussion questions
• Writing prompts
• Activity worksheets
• Scavenger hunt
• And more….
In this fascinating unit on light, your 1st grade students will learn:
• Light must be present to see objects.
• Light is either natural or man-made.
• Light travels in a straight line, but can be bent.
• Blocked light creates a shadow.
• Objects can be transparent, translucent, opaque, or reflective.