Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
NGSS MS-LS4-5 Study Guide Genetic Technologies
Can be edited for younger or older learners. Use as a study guide, on-going guide for research, or assessment.
Vocabulary- Write the definition for the following words.
1) Explain how artificial selection would differ when influencing plants or animals.
2) If you wanted a dog that would jog long distances with you, what breed might you select? Why?
3) Discuss the difference between animal and plant cloning.
4) Hypothesize some risks of artificial selection.
5) Hypothesize some benefits of artificial selection.
6) Suppose you wanted a variety of chicken that produced a lot of eggs. What you could do to make it happen?
7) If you were cloned, you would have an exact genetic copy but the clone would have a different personality. Why?
8) Why would a dairy farmer want a cow that produces more milk?
9) How do you feel about genetic modifications? Why?
10) Should scientists clone human beings? Why?