This NO PREP, complete unit comes with a day-by-day teaching timeline as well as each resource needed to cover the required topics within the standard. Each resource inside this bundle was handpicked to cover all aspects of the MS-PS1-1 NGSS and includes lessons, activities, and assessment items.
The resources found inside will ensure your students fulfill each requirement of the standard and keep them interested and engaged throughout. This unit will save you time and money, the two things every teacher needs more of. There are 11 classroom-tested resources included which individually would cost over $80. You'll save 50% by purchasing them through this bundle not to mention, you'll know exactly what to teach and when as it includes a convenient schedule to keep your class on track and make the best use of your time.
What you get
• Make sure your students are on track
• Each lesson comes with a teacher and student version to keep them focused
• Lessons come with videos embedded right into your slides
Interactive Activities and Assessments
• Lab Stations
• Digital Scavenger Hunts
• Digital Interactive Notebooks
• Speed Quizzing
• Solids, Liquids, and Gases
• Elements, Compounds, Mixtures
• Counting Atoms and Elements
This Package Includes:
• Atomic Theory and Model Lesson
• Atomic Structure and Notation Lesson
• Atomic Model, Notation, and Atoms Lab Station Activity
• Chemical Symbols, Formulas, and Compounds - A Middle School Introduction
• Atomic Theory and Model Digital Interactive Notebook Pages
• Atoms, Elements, and Compounds Speed Quizzing
• Pure Substances and Mixtures Lesson
• Solutions and Mechanical Mixtures Digital Scavenger Hunt Activity
• Solutions and Mechanical Mixtures Lab Station Activity
• Matter: An Introduction Lesson
• The Particle Theory and Classification of Matter Lab Station Activity
Here are additional NGSS bundles I have prepared:
• MS LS1 From Molecules to Organisms
• MS LS2 Ecosystems
• MS LS3 Heredity
• MS LS4 Biological Evolution
• MS PS1 - Matter and its Interactions
••• MS PS1-1 Unit
••• MS PS1-2 Unit
• MS PS2 Motion and Stability
• MS PS3 Energy
• MS PS4 Waves
• HS PS1 - Matter and its Interactions
• HS PS2 - Motion and Stability
• HS PS3 - Energy
• MS ESS1 - Earth's Place in the Universe
• MS ESS2 - Earth's Systems
• MS ESS3 - Earth and Human Activity
MS PS1: Matter and its Interactions
Develop models to describe the atomic composition of simple molecules and extended structures.
Emphasis is on developing models of molecules that vary in complexity. Examples of simple molecules could include ammonia and methanol. Examples of extended structures could include sodium chloride or diamonds. Examples of molecular-level models could include drawings, 3D ball and stick structures, or computer representations showing different molecules with different types of atoms.
Assessment Boundary: Assessment does not include valence electrons and bonding energy, discussing the ionic nature of subunits of complex structures, or a complete description of all individual atoms in a complex molecule or extended structure is not required.
No prep, no formatting, no issues. Simply download, print (or upload to your class site) and you're all set. Each resource is fully editable and classroom tested.