Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
NGSS MS-PS1-2 Chemical Reactions/Properties of Matter Study Guide with Key
Can be edited for younger or older learners. Use as a study guide, on-going guide for research, or assessment.
Vocabulary- Write the definition for the following words.
Law of Conservation of Energy
Law of Conservation of Mass
Understanding Concepts-Answer the following in complete sentences.
1) What are some signs a chemical reaction has taken place?
2) Give an example of a chemical equation and label the reactants and product.
3) What happens to the atom arrangement when a substance goes through a chemical reaction?
4) Determine how H2O can put out certain fires, but hydrogen is flammable.
5) How is the Law of Conservation of Mass proven by a balanced chemical equation?
6) What is the freezing point and boiling point of water?
7) Differentiate a physical and chemical property.
8) Give two examples of a physical and chemical property if describing wood.
Check out my PowerPoint on TPT to use as a resource.