Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
NGSS MS-PS4-1, 4-2, 4-3 Study Guide Waves
Can be edited for younger or older learners. Use as a study guide, on-going guide for research, or assessment.
Vocabulary- Write the definition for the following words.
1) Describe the difference between a transverse wave and a longitudinal wave.
2) Illustrate and label an example of a transverse wave including wavelength, amplitude, trough and crest.
3) Discuss how the distances between crests affect the wavelength.
4) Evaluate why electromagnetic waves do not need matter (medium) to transfer energy.
5) Evaluate why mechanical waves do need matter to transfer energy.
6) Why can sounds not be heard in space?
7) Differentiate an analog and digital wave (signal)
8) Why are digital signals clearer and more dependable?
Guide is one page, key is three. Check out my Power Point on NGSS MS-PS4-1, 4-2, and 4-3 to use as a resource.