This structures and functions unit has everything you need to teach 4th grade NGSS life science standards using GLAD strategies.
Included in this packet:
- Unit essential question
- Inquiry chart printable
- Observation chart photos
- Printable CCD and teacher samples
- The Important Thing about Structures Big Book
- Super Scientist Awards
- 2 pictorial input charts to project and trace
- 1 comparative input chart to project and trace
- Structures chant
- Biologist Bugaloo (chant)
- 3 different printable sentence pattern charts and teacher sample
- Plant Structures Expert Groups (set of 6) with mind map graphic organizer
- Animal Expert Groups (set of 6) with mind map graphic organizer
- 3 writing prompts and writing paper
- 3 close reading passages with sample CCSS anchor charts and 4-5 printable question sets aligned to CCSS and DOK
- 5 math activities (3 center-type activities with recording sheets and 2 printable worksheets)
- 3 science labs with teacher directions and printable recording sheets
This unit satisfies NGSS standards 4-LS1-1 and 4-LS1-2. The close reading questions included also address Common Core standards RI 4.1 through 4.9.
*Added a PPT version of the big book so that you can project it, instead of printing it.
*added answer keys for the close reading standards-based questions, math activities and science labs
*fixed some formatting errors
Want more NGSS units? Click here.