Common Core Standard ELA activities support Next Generation Science Standard: Plants depend on animals for pollination (2-LS2-2)
1. Full page photos (20 pages) show the parts of the plant that are important for pollination, how plants vary and assorted animals on flowers.
2. Adjectives: anchor chart, 40 adjective cards, writing paper, find the adjective worksheet
3. Adverbs: anchor chart, 24 adverb cards, writing paper, find the adverb worksheet and a pick an adverb to expand the sentence paper
4. Short and long vowel coloring sheet
5. Compare and contrast nectar and pollen Venn diagram
6. Suffix –tion: anchor chart and flip to match book
7. Collective Nouns: anchor chart, interactive notebook pocket or stand-alone pouch with double sided word/definition cards
8. Suffixes –er and –est, comparative and superlative worksheet
9. Compound Words: anchor chart and 2 worksheets
10. Change the Y to i and add –es worksheet
11. Nonfiction Text Feature: Fill in the blank Table of Contents and Glossary
12. Fiction: Cut, Sort, & Paste worksheet of characters, settings, problems
13. Parts of a Flower Crossword Puzzle: determine vocabulary word for definition clue
14. Making Words: use the letters in “pollination”
Please watch for additional NGSS materials in my store.
As always, I will be waiting to read your feedback to find out how these materials were used in your classroom. I hope you can put your own "twist" on them.
Enjoy learning about science!