Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.36 MB | 22 pages
Display these NGSS Posters to display the standards to be taught in 6th grade (in Oregon). The following Standards are included:
• Develop a model to describe the cycling of water through Earth’s systems driven by energy from the sun and the force of gravity. (MS-ESS2-4)
• Collect data to provide evidence for how the motion and complex interactions of air masses results in changes in weather conditions. (MS-ESS2-5)
• Develop and use a model to describe how unequal heating and rotation of the Earth cause patterns of atmospheric and oceanic circulation that determine regional climates. (MS-ESS2-6)
• Ask questions to clarify evidence of the factors that have caused the rise in global temperatures over the past century. (MSS-ESS3-5)
• Apply scientific principles to design a method for monitoring and minimizing a human impact on the environment. (MS-ESS3-3)
• Construct, use, and present arguments to support the claim that when the kinetic energy of an object changes, energy is transferred to and from an object. (MS-PS3-5)
• Plan an investigation to determine the relationships among the energy transferred, the type of matter, the mass, and the change of the average kinetic energy of the particles as measured by the temperature of the sample. (MS-PS3-4)
• Apply scientific principles to design, construct, and test a device that either minimizes or maximizes thermal energy transfer. (MS-PS3-3)
• Define the criteria and constraints of a design problem with sufficient precision to ensure a successful solution, taking into account relevant scientific principles and potential impacts on people and the natural environment that may limit possible solutions. (MS-ETS1-1)
• Evaluate competing design solutions using a systematic process to determine how well they meet the criteria and constraints of the problem. (MS-ETS1-2)
• Analyze data from tests to determine similarities and differences among several design solutions to identify the best characteristics of each that can be combined into a new solution to better meet the criteria for success. (MS-ETS1-3)
• Develop a model to generate data for iterative testing and modification of a proposed object, tool, or process such that an optimal design can be achieved. (MS-ETS1-4)Conduct an investigation to provide evidence that living things are made of cells; either one cell or many different numbers and types of cells. (MS-LS1-1)
• Develop and use a model to describe the function of a cell as a whole and ways parts of cells contribute to the function. (MS-LS1-2)
• Use argument supported by evidence for how the body is a system of interacting subsystems composed of groups of cells. (MS-LS1-3)
• Use argument based on empirical evidence and scientific reasoning to support an explanation for how characteristic animal behavior and specialized plant structures affect the probability of successful reproduction of animals and plants respectively. (MS-LS1-4)
• Construct a scientific explanation based on evidence for how environmental and genetic factors influence the growth of organisms. (MS-LS1-5)
• Gather and synthesize information that sensory receptors respond to stimuli by sending messages to the brain for immediate behavior or storage as memories. (MS-LS1-8)
• Develop and use a model to describe by asexual reproduction results in offspring with identical genetic information and sexual reproduction results in offspring with genetic variation. (MS-LS3-2)
I have included both PDF Files (To keep formatting how it is intended) and Word Files (so that you can edit and make it your own). There is also an additional page to add any health standards you may be teaching on the unit 4 editable file.
Print these black and white posters on color, or laminate them with a color background, I think they'd match just about any classroom decor out there! They also match all of my "doodle" products perfectly!
Thanks for shopping, and don't forget to give feedback and rate my products!