Science and Engineering Practices don't always come naturally. Prepare your students to use the science and engineering practices in the classroom by using these resourceful activities. Students will be more proficient at CONSTRUCTING EXPLANATIONS AND DESIGNING SOLUTIONS by actually practicing it. These printables do just that--prepare students to use SEPs in your lessons and make better 21st century scientists! In this product, the activities focus on:
- READING: Phenomenon summaries with questions about constructing explanations
- CHECK: "What is an explanation?" Identify the components of an explanation.
- RESPONSE: "Fact and Cause." Determine the cause of phenomena in an explanation.
- COMPARE AND CONTRAST: "How is an Explanation Different than an Argument?"
- MULTIPLE CHOICE: Law, Theory, Observation, or Hypothesis?
- MATCHING: Match observable facts with their causes.
- WRITING: Select one of the phenomena shown and construct your own explanation!
- DESIGN: Create your solutions for everyday problems.
- ORDER: How should the design process be ordered from start to finish?
- BONUS! :) NGSS explanation template you can use with your students in class!
After using this resource in your class, your students will be prepared to construct their own explanations and be creative when designing solutions. Enjoy!
LOVE THIS PRODUCT? BUY THE WHOLE SEP BUNDLE HERE!