Science and Engineering Practices don't always come naturally. Prepare your students to use the science and engineering practices in the classroom by using these resourceful activities. Students will be more proficient at DEVELOPING AND USING MODELS by actually practicing it. These printables do just that--prepare students to use SEPs in your lessons and make better 21st century scientists! In this product, you will find the following activities:
- Summaries of student-made models with evaluation questions.
- Observing models and identifying the purpose of using them.
- "Models vs the Real Thing." Why do we use models?
- "Model or Not?" What does a model look like?
- "Models as a System of Parts." Match each model with its interacting parts.
- "Draw a Model." Practice sketching a diagram with labels.
- "Model Accuracy." How are models accurate? What are their limitations?
After using this resource in your class, your students will be ready to identify the different types of models, know how to evaluate them, and understand that all models have accuracy and limitations. Enjoy!
LOVE THIS PRODUCT? BUY THE WHOLE SEP BUNDLE HERE!