Science and Engineering Practices don't always come naturally. Prepare your students to use the science and engineering practices in the classroom by using these resourceful activities. Students will be more proficient at ENGAGING IN AN ARGUMENT FROM EVIDENCE by actually practicing it. These printables do just that--prepare students to use SEPs in your lessons and make better 21st century scientists! In this product, the activities focus on:
- READING: Phenomenon summaries with questions about forming an argument.
- CHECK: "What is an argument?" Identify the components of an argument.
- RESPONSE: "Claim and Evidence." Determine evidence for an argument.
- COMPARE AND CONTRAST: "How is an Argument Different than an Explanation?"
- PEER REVIEW: Select the best claim from a group of observers.
- MATCHING: Match claims made by students with their appropriate evidence.
- WRITING: Establish an argument on your own by observing data.
- DESIGN CRITIQUE: Defend the best designed solution by forming an argument.
- BONUS! :) NGSS argumentation template you can use with your students in class!
After using this resource in your class, your students will be prepared to engage in argument by using evidence effectively. Enjoy!