Science and Engineering Practices don't always come naturally. Prepare your students to use the science and engineering practices in the classroom by using these resourceful activities. Students will be more proficient at OBTAINING, EVALUATING, AND COMMUNICATING INFORMATION by actually practicing it. These printables do just that--prepare students to use SEPs in your lessons and make better 21st century scientists! In this product, the activities focus on:
- READING: Phenomenon summaries with questions about obtaining information.
- DECIDE: "Where Can I Find Information?" Identify media locations.
- EXPLAIN: "What Kind of Information Can I Expect to Find?" in media types.
- IDENTIFY: "What Type of Medium Should I Use?" in different science situations.
- TRUE OR FALSE: Is this scientific source credible or not?
- NOTES: "What Should My Notes Look Like?" Practice with examples.
- REASONING: "How Should I Present Scientific Information to an Audience?"
Choose a method and explain why.
After using this resource in your class, your students will be prepared to obtain, evaluate, and communicate information effectively. Enjoy!