Science and Engineering Practices don't always come naturally. Prepare your students to use the science and engineering practices in the classroom by using these resourceful activities. Students will be more proficient at USING MATHEMATICS AND COMPUTATIONAL THINKING by actually practicing it. These printables do just that--prepare students to use SEPs in your lessons and make better 21st century scientists!
Math is at the heart of all sciences. In this product, students will practice using mathematics and computational thinking by solving examples in...
- BIOLOGY (cell division)
- ECOLOGY (quadrats)
- PHYSICS (free body diagrams)
- ENGINEERING (gear ratios)
- CHEMISTRY (chemical formulas)
- GEOLOGY (contour intervals)
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE (energy consumption)
- WEATHER AND CLIMATE (annual rainfall)
- ASTRONOMY (astronomical units)
- THERMODYNAMICS (heat transfer in water)
After using this resource in your class, your students will understand the ever-present nature of mathematics in the vast world of science. Enjoy!