These posters take the eight essential practices of science and engineering from the Next Generation Science Standards and turn them into student-friendly "I can" statements. These are perfect for the teacher that wants to reference or see the standards in a cute, student-friendly form!
The eight essential practices are:
1. Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
These posters are in black and white and come with 3 different title pages (one that references the Next Generation Science Standards, two that do not). They are ready to print and hang on your wall!