- This bundle includes:CAST Review Worksheets that focus on the Science and Engineering PracticesWorksheet: Identifying Claim, Evidence and Reasoning in an ArgumentWorksheet based overview (introductory level) to Independent and Dependent VariableMy strategy for reviewing for the CAST test this year i$7.70$11.00Save $3.30
- Not sure how to address the Science and Engineering Practices in your classroom? These scaffolds will help you use a discovery-based approach to help your students meet the Next Generation Science Standards.This bundle will help your students with the following Science and Engineering Practices:Ask$23.45$33.50Save $10.05
- Product Description
Students should be regularly constructing arguments in your classroom and presenting the arguments to other students. Help students to create clear, written arguments using this resource. Use this resource in class or online using Google Slides™.
This activity includes:
- An explanation of the components of an argument (Claim, Evidence and Reasoning) to be used in an interactive notebook or as a handout
- An activity that requires students to identify the claim, evidence and reasoning component in 3 different arguments with a key
- 2 graphic organizers
- 3 versions of rubrics for grading student arguments
- Teacher instructions
- PDF and Google Slides™ Version
This activity was designed to help students with the Science and Engineering Practice Engaging in an Argument Using Evidence. In 6th-8th grade students should be able to:
- Construct, use, and/or present an oral and written argument supported by empirical evidence and scientific reasoning to support or refute an explanation or a model for a phenomenon or a solution to a problem.
- Carmin - "WHAT AN AMAZING RESOURCE!!! My students have been struggling with creating CER responses, this is such a great exemplar that they can easily follow!"
- Christine D - "This product is a great way to introduce or review CER. I am going to use it next year for all three of my middle school classes. I love the worksheet templates too!"
- Science Sparkles - "This is excellent! I used these for a science enrichment class after winter break, but it went so well that I will be using it for all my 8th grade classes at the beginning of next year."