Finally a collection of activities and lessons that will interest students and get them excited about chemistry! This lesson is formatted using the 5E's.
- Students begin with an anchoring phenomena that involves watching a time-lapse video of cookies getting baked.
- They then model the stages a cookie goes through when it's getting baked.
- Next, students watch a video that explains the science behind baking cookies and they answer questions on the video.
- Afterwards, they look at two cookie recipes and apply what they learned about baking cookies.
- Finally, students answer two exit-slip questions that tie together what they learned.
Wow! All of these activities and questions in one document which is available in pdf and word form. There's more. You also get a key which is available in pdf and word form. Your students will thank you for choosing an exciting topic to teach them about food chemistry!