Our Combination Night Unit Teaching Package has 437+ pages and slides of engaging activities
(212+ print and 225+ digital Google Drive). Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity
in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
: NIGHT by Elie Wiesel, Translator: Marion Wiesel
: 8th - 12th
: 437 slides/pages in lesson plan unit
Created and based off the 2006 translation by Marion Wiesel. Please check which version your students are using.
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
»»» Digital-only Version
»»» Print Version
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit
♥ Thank you for making this product. The images and graphics are great, which helps to keep the students more engaged. The best part for me, hands down, are your quick write questions. They are very thoughtful, and will work great for helping my students connect with the novel.
♥ Love, love, love this! I just used the introduction powerpoint on Friday, and my kids were blown away by the content, and I was blown away by the detail! The presentations are creative and relevant, but the vocabulary was my selling point! Thank you for all the hard work you put into this unit; it's going to bring this memoir to many a student everywhere!
♥ I have a special education class and the graphic organizers and video links were very helpful.
♥ Really terrific product. Offers multiple approaches to lesson planning that kept my English IV students engaged. Thanks especially for the background information on WWII and the Holocaust.
♥ I have other teaching guides, but this one added a fresh approach to teaching the novel. Figurative language, daily journal quickwrites, the PPT... all great! Thank you.
♥ The PowerPoint designed to introduce students to the historical context and author information is particularly helpful! I also really appreciated the PowerPoint for figurative language. I can use that information in my other English courses.
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
What is Created for Digital?
··· Our Created for Digital resources take all the trusted, quality instructional tools you know and love and convert them into the digital format you need for your online learners.
Why go Digital?
··· Paperless. No printing.
··· Instant saving ... students work in the file.
··· Technology Proficiency
··· Works on Chromebooks, Android Tablets, and other devices
··· Engaged students
··· Easy group work
··· Paper trail of revisions for teacher to see
··· Teacher Tutorial - access link and how to use this with your learners
··· Microsoft OneDrive user instructions - a step-by-step visual tutorial. This will only take minutes!
··· All slides can be used over and over again.
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
··· Pre-reading Bias Intro Activity
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 12-page/slide activity
··· Intro Background Notes on WWII
- background into what was happening in the world around Elie Wiesel and his family
··· Google Earth Introduction Tour
- Sighet, Galacian forest, Auschwitz, and all the way to Buna and Buchenwald camps...they get to see it all in 3D zoomed in to the street view. It's rockin awesome!
- 24-location 3D tour across Europe
··· KWL Organizer Chart for Notetaking
- notetaking tool of what they "K"now, "W"ant to know, & "L"earned
- 1-page handout
··· Plot Chart Organizer Diagram Arc
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 2-slide analyzer & answer key
··· Conflict Graphic Organizer - 6 Types of Conflict
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-slide analyzer & answer key
··· Characters Organizer
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 4-slide analyzer
··· Journal - Quickwrite Writing Prompts - PowerPoint
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
··· 5 Comprehension Pop Quizzes
- a 5-question pop quiz per approx. 20 pages
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
··· Vocabulary List and Quiz Assessment
- 120 vocabulary words from the text
- four 30-question lists & quizzes
- 16-slide Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- We've added a Google Forms quiz version that auto-grades for you and compiles grades into a spreadsheet with learners' names and class periods.
··· Figurative Language Instructional
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ digital slides will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
··· Figurative Language Organizer
- analyze and complete 141 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 6-slide bundle
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Irony
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-slide bundle
··· Supplementary Video Links
- 16 video and text links
*** 437 slides total in lesson plan unit ***
Enjoy Night! And remember, Peace is our gift to each other.
»»» OTHER NIGHT
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit »»»
> For-Print Complete Unit »»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit »»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units
for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
> Poetry Unit Complete PowerPoint and Packet - Genres, Forms, Techniques, Devices
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!