showing 1-5 of 18 products
- Bundle Description
Your learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity of our engaging activities built from best teaching practices. We want to make your lesson planning journey easy, so you can focus on your expertise. This novel study includes a curriculum map pacing guide that offers our day-by-day suggestion for how to plan out your weeks of lessons. Our pedagogy section explains the instructive idea behind the activity, gives ideas for implementation, and aligns it to the standards. We've filmed some training videos on (1) how to assemble a Novel Analysis Packet that is unique to the academic needs of your learners and (2) how to effectively use our Quickwrite writing prompts.
TEXT: NIGHT by Elie Wiesel, Translator: Marion Wiesel
LEVEL: 8th - 12th
TOTAL: 212 slides/pages in lesson plan unit
Created and based off the 2006 translation by Marion Wiesel. Please check which version your students are using.
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
WHAT OTHER TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS LITERATURE RESOURCE
♥ Thank you for making this product. The images and graphics are great, which helps to keep the students more engaged. The best part for me, hands down, are your quick write questions. They are very thoughtful, and will work great for helping my students connect with the memoir.
♥ This is a wonderful unit! It's organized and clear, plus it's rigorous. My students really enjoy the menu questions.
♥ Love, love, love this! I just used the introduction Powerpoint on Friday, and my kids were blown away by the content, and I was blown away by the detail! The presentations are creative and relevant, but the vocabulary was my selling point! Thank you for all the hard work you put into this unit; it's going to bring this memoir to many a student everywhere!
♥ I have a special education class and the graphic organizers and video links were very helpful.
♥ Really terrific product. Offers multiple approaches to lesson planning that kept my English IV students engaged. Thanks especially for the background information on WWII and the Holocaust.
♥ I have other teaching guides, but this one added a fresh approach to teaching the memoir. Figurative language, daily journal Quickwrites, the PPT... all great! Thank you.
♥ The PowerPoint designed to introduce students to the historical context and author information is particularly helpful! I also really appreciated the PowerPoint for figurative language. I can use that information in my other English courses.
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS
→ Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit
→ Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities
→ Meets Common Core Standards
→ Easy to differentiate for different learning levels: Honors, 2nd language learners, and Sped
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the memoir
- 12-page/slide activity
- background into what was happening in the world around Elie Wiesel and his family
- 27-slide slideshow
- Sighet, Galacian forest, Auschwitz, and all the way to Buna and Buchenwald camps...they get to see it all in 3D zoomed in to the street view. It's rockin awesome!
- 24-location 3D tour across Europe
- notetaking tool of what they "K"now, "W"ant to know, & "L"earned
- 1-page handout
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page analyzer & answer key
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 1-page analyzer & answer key
- analyze the main characters using memoir quotes
- 4-page analyzer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 24-question slideshow
- a 5-question pop quiz per approx. 20 pages
- 10-slide slideshow
- 10-pages of Printables
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- 120 vocabulary words from the memoir
- four 30-question lists & quizzes
- 16-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide slideshow will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 141 figures of speech specific to the memoir
- 6-page bundle
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Irony
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
★ Supplementary Video Links
- 16 video and text links
- 1-page resource
Enjoy! And remember, Peace is our gift to each other.
OTHER NIGHT AWESOMENESS
OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY
→ We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
→ Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!