NO PREP Author's Purpose!
This fantastic resource will help your students practice identifying the author's purpose of a piece of text! They will use the easy to remember P.I.E. acronym to remember that an author writes to either persuade, inform, or entertain a reader. Knowing this will help develop their reading comprehension skills!
This pack can be used for center work, homework, as a review for state testings, or even as an introduction to the reading skill. There is no prep involved!
- 1 Author's Purpose Poster (P.I.E)
- 2 Practice pages in which students will read short passages and decide if the author is trying to persuade, inform, or entertain the reader
- "Three Authors" page: Three separate kids talk about the same topic, but they all have different purposes. You students will need to identify each purpose
- "Pick a P.I.E" page
- 4 pages of Task Cards (16 total questions)
- 2 Task Card Response Pages (Students must identify the author's purpose and how they know this is true)