Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
** BUY NOW TO SAVE AND DOWNLOAD FUTURE UNITS FOR FREE **
I created these journals to solve a problem that is common in so many classrooms- NOT ENOUGH TIME! Do you have that problem too?
I loved doing journals in my classroom, and I saw tremendous growth as my students worked on writing each day. When we got some new curriculum updates, I did not have time to cover all of my standards and have daily journal time. What could I do?
The solution was simple- create a series of journals that cover Social Studies and Science standards. I didn’t have to teach anything extra, and my kids could still keep journaling. Plus, they love writing about what we are learning!
Best of all, this will fit into any classroom! You can choose pages with our without a scripted prompt. There are pictures and matching vocabulary to help kiddos as the write. It’s up to you to decide how many pages to print and what order to put them in.
Every unit will include enough prompts to cover at least 2 weeks. Some units will include enough prompts to cover at least 3 weeks so you can choose your favorite pages. Every unit will also include full color and black and white cover options.
Here is a description of the topics found in all 8 units in the BUNDLE:
Schools and Rules
- rules and responsibilities, conflict resolution, safety, cooperation
Me and My Community
- community helpers, goods and services, businesses, careers
Elections and Laws
- elections, leaders, voting, laws, mock elections
Money and Me
- economics, saving and spending, wants and needs, media and advertising
- famous Americans, Presidents, landmarks, symbols, products
Look and See Geography
- geographic tools, directions, land forms, bodies of water
Seasons and Celebrations
- climate, seasons, cultural celebrations and traditions
*This resources is not editable