The concepts of 'same' and 'different' can be difficult for children to understand. It can also be hard to think of fun ways to teach these concepts. I made this Interactive Book so that I could engage children on the iPad and help the children that I work with to practice and show me their understanding of 'same' and 'different'
Watch a demo of this interactive book being used
Children can be left to work independently on these concepts or you can work alongside them. The interactive book gives feedback for correct and incorrect answers. When the child answers correctly, they are shown a candy bag with a piece of candy added to it. Once they have filled up their candy bag they are done! Also included in the PDF is the option to press a '?' symbol which then asks the question 'what is different' thereby increasing the complexity of the task if needed.
- No Print Interactive Book for tablet or laptop
- 2 variations of ‘same’ worksheets where the child must circle the picture that is the 'same'
- 2 variations of ‘different’ worksheets where the child must circle the picture that is 'different'
- 3 colouring pages where the child is show two identical pictures and are instructed to either colour them the 'same' or colour them 'different'
How to use the No Print Interactive Book
1. Download the pdf
2. Email the interactive pdf to yourself and open it on your tablet
3. Open the pdf using iBooks or Adobe (both free)
4. The child will look at the pictures and decide if they are the ‘same’ or ‘different’ by pressing one of the options
5. If they are correct, they will see a picture of a candy bag with a piece of candy added to it
6. If they are incorrect, they will be told to ‘look again’
7. If the answer if ‘different’ there is an option to ask a further question:’what is different?’ You can use this option by instructing the child to press the ‘?’ symbol on the screen