For Andrew Clements' novel that catches student interest from the very beginning, here are reading comprehension questions that mix the "fun" in the novel - with the very realistic issues on which the author focuses his plot. Included are -
- reading check questions for every chapter, with ANSWER KEYS,
- word study,
- a word search and letter count puzzles,
- a mini-lesson on verb-tense applicable to the novel,
- and figure of speech lesson with student terminology handout.
- a short test INCLUDING ANSWER KEY.
- a student group lesson on looking through the newspaper and locating/describing various sections is included, as well as how to incorporate that into the novel study.
- essay topics,
- teacher suggestions.
Other Clements novel units I have are:
Lost and Found
The Last Holiday Concert
The Report Card