Teaching Common Core reading skills is FUN with INTERESTING ARTICLES, VIDEO ACTIVITIES, no prep and editable student handouts, PowerPoint slides and Google Doc.
SALE: $6 for 6 activities!
Enforce Writing & Reading Literature common core standards through relevant and engaging articles and video clip activities using clickable URL links.
Perfect for 45 - 75 minute lessons
during holidays, at the beginning and end of year, or any time of year!
Six activities include:
- Printable student handouts
- Clickable links to fun 4 nonfiction texts and 2 videos
- PowerPoint slides
- Google Doc
Use fun and engaging content to teach secondary reading and writing skills.
- Amelia Earhart Conspiracy Theories Nonfiction Analysis
- Mayan Calendar – End of the World Nonfiction Analysis
- Stereotypes in Disney Films Nonfiction Analysis
- Maya Angelou’s “Still I Rise” Poetry Video Analysis
- KONY 2012 Documentary Analysis
- KONY 2012 Nonfiction Critique
TEACH ELA SKILLS:
- Paraphrase Quotes
- Summarize Main Idea
- Identify Subject, Argument, Author's Purpose & Relevant Evidence
- Determine Validity of Evidence
Simply click and print the articles before class or click and display articles and videos on PowerPoint to read along and watch together. For a Google Classroom activity or distance learning make copies of the Google Doc for students to complete the reading and video response activities independently.
Your students (between Grades 6 - 12) will LOVE all 6 exercises, as mine did. They will also learn a lot about cultural influences and reinforce anchor common-core standards for writing, reading literature and reading informational text without even realizing it!
These are a great fun activity to get students invested in reading and writing around the holidays or at the beginning or end of the year!
LINKS INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT ARE CITED FROM INTERNET SOURCES. EACH AUTHOR/SOURCE IS CITED. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY OF THE AUTHORS, WEBSITES OR OTHER GROUPS; THIS PRODUCT IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES.
WANT MORE PRINT & GO CULTURALLY RELEVANT RESOURCES?
NEED MORE NO PREP RESOURCES?