Autism Reading Comprehension NONFICTION Large Task Cards for Special Education
Autism: This popular series continues on with our brand new High Interest Nonfiction task cards for Autism and Special Education. From famous historical figures and state facts, to science and weather, this 30 task card set contains fun and interesting facts that your students will love reading about! Using real-life pictures to aid in reading comprehension, your students will choose the two correct pictures that represent the event, occurrences, or facts that they have just read about on the nonfiction task card. Provide opportunities for comparing and contrasting, too! This differentiated set makes wonderful use of Dolch sight words whenever possible as well as new vocabulary.
Some of the topics/subjects included in this task card set are:
•How people/animals communicate
•Ways to tell time
•Why birds sing
•Types of clothing
•School Bus/Fire Engine
•George Washington/Abraham Lincoln
•Bill Gates/Walt Disney
•Neil Armstrong/Captain Cook
•Cold climate/Warm climate
•Age of tree/Cat
•School in U.S./U.K.
•French Fries/Peanut Butter
• FOR NON-READERS: Use as one-on-one instruction by reading each “page” aloud. Ask questions about what you have just read, asking for 2 facts.
• FOR READERS: Have student read each task card aloud or silently to demonstrate or assess comprehension. Once completed, you can check the cards for comprehension and record on the data sheet.
• FOR LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT: Ask student to name and describe the pictures/events shown in the real-life pictures. Ask “wh” questions and relate them to events that the student may have experienced or knows about.
• FOR WRITING: Use the nonfiction information as an extended writing prompt. Include an art activity, or drawing. Students can research the topic in books or on a computer to increase their knowledge about the topic. New vocabulary words provide an opportunity for dictionary skills practice, too!
• SUGGESTED IEP GOAL ALIGNMENT:
By MONTH, YEAR, given nonfiction text related to a specific topic, and a choice of three pictures depicting something that occurred in, or describes events in the text, STUDENT will choose the two correct picture responses, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities.
• By MONTH, YEAR, given nonfiction text and pictures related to a specific topic, STUDENT will compare/contrast 2 facts, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities.
TO VIEW ADDITIONAL READING COMPREHENSION TASK CARDS, please visit the links listed below:
Reading Comprehension LARGE Task Cards COMMUNITY & SAFETY SIGNS
Reading Comprehension LARGE Task Cards for Special Education/AUTISM with DATA
AUTISM Reading Comprehension LARGE Task Cards EMOTIONS & FEELINGS
Visit AutismEducators.com on Facebook:
Visit AutismEducators.com on Pinterest:
For more FREE activities Go to AutismEducators. com
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING AUTISM AWARENESS AND RESEARCH. A portion of all proceeds from this purchase will be donated to Autism awareness and research.
Copyright © AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits