A lesson presentation that presents teaching and learning resources on noun clauses. After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
• State the meaning of a noun clause.
• Determine the structure/pattern of a noun clause.
• Examine the noun clause types.
• Demonstrate the use of noun clauses in writing.
This Resource Includes:
1. Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Objectives and Outcomes
2. Vocabulary Overview - Noun, Clause, Noun Clause
3. Flipped Lesson Part - Video - Noun Clause
4. Engaging and Creative Lesson Starter – Memory Game
5. Success Criteria - Noun Clause Checklist
6. Collaborative Group Tasks – Pair-Share, Think-Write, Write-Share
7. Scaffolder Notes - Structure, Types
8. Mini-Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – 2 Online Quizzes
9. Assessment Criteria for Outcome Expectations - Rubrics
10. Differentiated Activities for Level Learners - Writing Task by Outcome
11. Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers - 2 Online Exercises
12. Plenary to Assess Learning Outcomes - Guess the Word
13. Home Learning for Reinforcement – 4 Worksheets with Answers
14. Common Core Standards - ELA-LITERACY.L.6.3a/7.1c/9.1b
15. Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
16. Educational Tools and Resources - Sentence Types, Noun Types
Teachers can use this resource to teach the students to use noun clauses in writing, thereby helping them to enhance their language and writing skills.
For a Detailed Lesson Plan on the same topic you may refer to:
NOUN CLAUSE LESSON
Here are some other possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ To challenge early finishers
✿ For effective tutoring
✿ As ESL stations and sub tubs
✿ As holiday work and homework
✿ For small group collaborations
✿ For an end of unit assessments
✿ For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
✎ DIALOGUE WRITING:
This was easy to use. It helped my students to review and fix the errors they were making in their writing. –Beth G.
✎ CAPITALIZATION RULES:
The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing." – Mary Z.
✎ ACTIVE VERBS:
This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources. - Patricia O.
✎ FICTIONAL STORY WRITING:
A great resource for students to practice writing during center. - Jamie S.
✎ NOUN PHRASES:
This product was helpful for my ELD students! – Rae E.
✎ PLAY-SCRIPT WRITING:
Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills. – Kathryn A.
Very excited about using this in my intensive reading classes. – Tammye G.
✎ PREPOSITIONS-10 RULES:
The handouts are perfect for students to use as a reference while writing. – Mary Z.
Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class. - Jackie Malley
✎ COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES:
These task cards were perfect test practice! - Michelle P.
✎ PUNCTUATION WORKSHEETS:
I found the variety of options to be useful,… I have used it to complement the areas of focus in my lessons. - Dianne P.
✎ SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT:
I have used this resource several times already. –Jean C.
This is great. I can't wait to use it with my ESOL students. - Rebecca D.
✎ SEVEN AGES OF MAN:
This was perfect use of imagery and words. It helped even my weaker 6th graders understand the message of the poem and complete an activity on their own. - Amy B.
How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER
. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here:
o TPT Store - JOHN DSOUZA
o Pinterest - JOHN DSOUZA
o Facebook - TOMORROW’S CLASSROOM TODAY
o Instagram - JOHN421969
o Twitter - JOHN421969
o Blog - TOMORROW’S LESSONS TODAY