• So fun, kept my students' focus. Thanks.
• Covers everything we need and more.
• Creative slideshow and worksheets.
Learning about nouns can be fun with this Nouns PowerPoint and student package. The PowerPoint is highly motivating with automation and includes teacher notes for you on each slide. Note pages are provided for your students to take notes while viewing the PowerPoint.
Zip includes editable PowerPoint and pdf versions as well as the older worksheets in a flipbook format.
• PowerPoint tutorial explaining the types of nouns
• 2 note pages
• 8 student worksheets
• Answer key
Depending on my students' needs, I have used the PowerPoint tutorial in several ways:
1) Entire class - one type of noun on PowerPoint per day, students take notes and do the corresponding worksheet.
2) Entire class - review all types of nouns on PowerPoint, students take notes and use them to complete the entire packet at their own pace.
3) Small groups - use the PowerPoint tutorial to review types of noun.
4) Individual instruction (absent students) view PowerPoint independently, take notes, and complete the packet.
5) Students having difficulty can be given a Review Page that has PowerPoint notes completed for them.
The Student Packet and Teacher Packet Key:
Page 1 – Chart for note-taking on Identifying Nouns while watching PowerPoint presentation
Page 2 – Chart for note-taking on Types of Nouns while watching PowerPoint presentation
Page 3 – Common and Proper Nouns posters
Page 4 – Compound Nouns (open, closed, and hyphenated)
Page 5 – Concrete and Abstract Nouns (students create abstract nouns from verbs and adjectives)
Page 6 – Countable and Non-Countable Nouns (students pair non-countable with plural)
Page 7 – Collective Nouns (students match collective noun with group)
Page 8 – Matrix that shows students how nouns can have many functions. (Can be used for assessment.)
Explain the function of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in general and their functions in particular sentences.
Form and use regular and irregular plural nouns.
Use abstract nouns (e.g., childhood).
ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS FOR LEARNING FUN
101 PROMPTS for making LISTS in 60 seconds
101 PROVERBS and PITHY SAYINGS
WOULD YOU RATHER 212 Thought-Provoking Icebreakers and Discussion Cards
EMOJI WRITING STRIPS 42 Weeks of Writing Prompts for Rebus Stories
Humorous Creative Narrative Writing Card Decks for Writing Stories
6 + 1 Traits of Writing Student Handbooklet Quick Study With AncillariesTHE WRITING PROCESS - Animated PowerPoint, 8-Page Booklet and Notes Pages
Back to School - Student Academic and Personal Interest Surveys
CONFERENCES - forms for students to evaluate their performance and set goals
Seasonal Voice Level Displays to Help Controls Noise
Thank you for stopping by!
Click here to go to my store.
grammar, parts of speech, English, language arts, fun activities, challenges, homeschool, writing, worksheets, activities