Learning about nouns can be fun with this Noun PowerPoint and Flipbook package. The PowerPoint is highly motivating with automation and includes teacher notes for you on each slide. Your students create flipbooks and take notes while viewing the PowerPoint. The activities in the flipbook are unique and creative.
The PREVIEW includes sample of the PowerPoint and the Flipbook.
Depending on previous understanding of my students, I have used the PowerPoint presentation in several ways:
1) Entire class - one type of noun on PowerPoint per day, students take notes and do the corresponding page on the flipbook.
2) Entire class - review all types of nouns on PowerPoint, students take notes and use them to complete the entire packet at their own pace.
3) Small groups - review type of noun using PowerPoint.
4) Individual instruction (absent students) view PowerPoint independently, take notes, and complete flipbook packet.
5) Students having difficulty can be given a Review Page that has PowerPoint notes completed for them.
The Student Flipbook Packet and Teacher Packet Key:
Page 1 – Chart for note-taking on Identifying Nouns while watching PowerPoint presentation
Page 2 – Chart for note-taking on Types of Nouns while watching PowerPoint presentation
Page 3 – Common and Proper Nouns (collages)
Page 4 – Compound Nouns (open, closed, and hyphenated)
Page 5 – Concrete and Abstract Nouns (students create abstract nouns from verbs and adjectives)
Page 6 – Countable and Non-Countable Nouns (students pair noun-countable with plural)
Page 7 – Collective Nouns (students match collective noun with group)
Explain the function of nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs in general and their functions in particular sentences.
Form and use regular and irregular plural nouns.
Use abstract nouns (e.g., childhood).
grammar, parts of speech, English, language arts, fun activities, challenges, homeschool, writing, worksheets, activities