November Writing Prompts give your students a choice of 2 unique writing prompts for each day of the month with 36 Task Cards containing 93 original prompts. Writing prompts commemorate holidays and celebrations, historical events, significant births and deaths, and interesting trivia. Daily writing prompts increase fluency, build the habit of reflection into learning, and informally assess students' thinking. They also help students become fluent, organized, confident, and skilled thinkers and writers!
THESE WRITING PROMPTS ARE VERSATILE ENOUGH TO BE USED IN A VARIETY OF WAYS:
- Bell ringers
- Literacy Stations
- Warm-up work
- Writing Workshop
- Writer's Notebooks
- Fast Finishers
- Essay Starters
- Quick Writes
RESEARCH-BASED PEDAGOGY INDICATES THAT WRITING PROMPTS:
- Activate prior knowledge
- Help students make personal connections
- Promote reflection
- Foster critical thinking
- Prepare students for discussion
- Increase background knowledge
- Broaden worldviews
- Reinforce vocabulary
- Informally assess student knowledge about a given topic
- Increase engagement in Think-Pair-Share activities
- Help students brainstorm their thoughts
- Help students develop critical thinking and communication skills
- Serve as formative assessments
- Offer a flexible structure that can be used to integrate writing in all disciplines
- Student choice on every task card allows students to choose the topic that most interest them, increasing student engagement.
- Some cards prompt students to draw or illustrate their responses.
- Background knowledge, schema, and explanations are provided.
- Challenging vocabulary is defined.
- A wide variety of genres, interests, and historical topics are included.
- Several cultural and ethnic traditions and celebrations are recognized.
- Writing Prompts integrate a variety of disciplines and interests, including Science, Social Studies, Music, Art, Technology, Physical Education, Global Studies, Social Justice, and Language Arts.
- Easy-to-read fonts, even for students with dyslexia or other reading difficulties.
THIS NOVEMBER WRITING PROMPTS RESOURCE INCLUDES:
- 36 Task Cards containing 93 original writing prompts
- All cards provided in full-color and black-and-white
- Completion Checklist
- 2 Grading Rubrics (a 10-point scale and a 4-point scale)
SHARING IS CARING!
I love seeing my resources in action in your classrooms! If you take a photo of one of my resources in your classroom, I'd like to feature it on social media. Please either tag me on Instagram @literarysherri or email your photo to email@example.com. Thank you so much!
I ♥ FOLLOWERS!
Click here to follow me and be the first to know about store discounts, free resources, and product launches!
THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!
If you find this resource useful for your students, please leave feedback for other teachers. If the resource can be revised to better meet your students' needs, please reach out to me via my email or Q&A tab.
HAPPY TEACHING -- I'M CHEERING YOU ON!
Questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Literary Sherri www.literarysherri.com