This package contains three components:
1. SLAM DUNK the DOUBLES 67 pages
- A4 Posters of the doubles facts for a Maths Centre
- Worksheets for Concept Development (increasing difficulty)
- Task Cards (3 levels of difficulty)
- Student Answer Sheet for independent progress
- Fun Time - Riddles and Mystery pictures
- Answer Book
2. SLAM DUNK NUMBER FACTS Doubles/Near Doubles - 31 pages
- A4 Poster of the Doubles and Near Doubles Strategy for a Maths
Centre or RTI
- Worksheets and activities for Concept Development
- Maths Riddles
- Worksheets for consolidation and fluency (see Contents Page in
- 32 Task Cards (with answers)
- Student Answer Recording Sheet
3. Bug Catcher Game
- 10 boards (you need to supply two six-sided dice)
I have updated this package and added more worksheets and Task Cards. Recently I have had some students in my Intervention sessions who needed more practice so I have supplemented the worksheets and Task Cards accordingly. I found the Speed Sheets in my other packages particularly motivating, so I have included these as well. My kids like to time themselves and see their progress as they get faster.
I included the Doubles Book because these are the foundation skills for the Near-Doubles. You may have some students who are still at this level.
I have also revised my Bug Catcher Game and simplified it so you only need to supply two six-sided dice and counters (or buttons) for each player (or group of players). This game is very effective for consolidating the Near-Doubles facts. I use it regularly and it is well worth the effort to laminate and package. I use it for RTI, but you could also put it in a Maths Centre with the POSTER and that way you will be accommodating all ability levels.
The Task Cards are differentiated and I have included a Student Recording Sheet so your kids can work through them at their own rate.There is an ANSWER BOOK included also.
There is also a Bug Catcher Junior Game in my store for the Near Doubles Facts to 13.